There are a number of benefits of polyurethane foam when used to lift and level concrete. These benefits include:
- It does not create grout or concrete splatter and does not require any washing.
- The injection hole is 5/8 of an inch vs. 1 1/2" - 2" with traditional mudjacking.
- Polyurethane weighs approximately 4 pounds per cubic foot, while mudjacking weighs about 100 pounds per cubic foot.
- Because the foam cures fast it allows the site where the concrete was lifted and levelled to be used immediately once completed.
- Polyurethane results are long-lasting when compared to other methods of concrete levelling.
- Polyurethane foam is bio-friendly. The foam consists of 39-49 percent recycled and renewable materials.
- Polyurethane foam expands to fill voids under the slab and resists moisture thereby not washing out.
- The foam expands to 20 times its liquid volume. While doing so it expands laterally beneath the concrete, filling voids and cracks as it travels.
- The foam does not shrink over time whereas traditional mud jacking the moisture evaporates over time resulting in more settling and sinking.